Here are some instructions to know about hyaluronic acid injections. They are useful for you to be well prepared and get optimal results.
The day of:
- No make-up on the treatment site
- Apply the anesthetic cream: EMLA, especially for the lips, 60 to 75 minutes before (You can reapply if the cream penetrates quickly. This will ensure better deep anesthesia).
- No stimulants such as caffeine, energy drinks, or spicy foods.
- Avoid exercise that raises your heart rate and blood pressure.
- If necessary, take your antivirals (Valtrex ®) the morning of.
The day before:
- Start your antivirals (Valtrex ®) if you have a history of oral herpes
- Avoid spicy foods
The 8 days before: (to reduce bruising)
- No alcohol
- No anti-inflammatory drugs containing Ibuprofen (Motrin ®, Advil ®)
- Make sure you have your Valtrex ® prescription.
Taken for 5 days prior to treatment may also limit bruising. However, this is not shared by the scientific community.