Recommendations Post Hyaluronic Acid Injections
- Do not apply makeup to the area until after the treatment.
- On the day of treatment, continue your anti-ecchymosis measures (no anti-inflammatory drugs, no alcohol or spicy food, and avoid exercises that increase blood pressure and heart rate).
- Do not handle, crush, or massage the treated area unless advised.
- Avoid any intense heat source (e.g., rejuvenation treatments with IPL, radio frequency, or lasers, for a minimum of 48 hours, ideally one week).
- Continue to apply your Arnica or topical moisturizing creams after 4 hours.
- Do not worry if the injected area seems more swollen than desired or even sensitive (especially the lips) for 3-4 days. Hyaluronic acids initially attract a lot of water, but an adjustment occurs later.
- For the eye area, an initial under-correction is normal. This will improve over the next 2 weeks.
Post-injection Recommendations for Neuromodulators
To avoid a diffusion in the surrounding area and thus cause undesirable effects (such as a heaviness of the eyelid):
- After the treatment and for the rest of the day, avoid handling the injected area
- For injections in the forehead and between the eyebrows, do not tilt your head down or lie on your stomach for a massage. Also, don’t lean on your forehead with a cap or helmet the rest of the day.
- Do not lie down immediately after the session. Some recommend 4 or even 6 hours.
Within 2 hours of the injections:
- Do not fly
- Do not play sports intensively
- Contract the muscles that are in the treated area; this would allow a faster start of action