Vulva-pubic rejuvenation is a procedure for women who want comfort and confidence in the anatomy of their vulvar region.
Why a vulva-pubic rejuvenation?
The vulvar labia minora develops during puberty under the hormonal effect of estrogen and follows their genetic baggage. The shape, size, and colour vary from one individual to another.
Depending on the type of development, excess skin can interfere with daily and recreational activities such as biking, running, horseback riding, and motorcycling, where the skin can become irritated or even ulcerated.
This excess can interfere with penetration, making it uncomfortable and even painful. Labioplasty is recommended.
Vulvar and pubic lipodystrophy
A prominence located at the pubis or the labia majora and resistant to diet can be embarrassing, especially for those who do certain sports (cycling, yoga), where the fit of clothing becomes unsightly. Liposuction can remedy this.
Menopause and significant weight loss
Menopause and significant weight loss cause sagging and excess tissue. The edges of the underwear then tend to move towards the vaginal orifice due to lack of support, causing discomfort and embarrassment.
What can be done for vulva-pubic rejuvenation?
- Liposuction: This allows the treatment of prominences, particularly in the pubic area.
- Hyaluronic acid injections and fat implants: To restore support and shape.
- The combined Erbium and Nd: YAG laser: Firm and improve texture.
- Labioplasty, nymphoplasty, or labia minora reduction is suggested to reduce the length of the labia minora, especially when there is interference in well-being.
- Pubic lift: For the excess skin, the incision is similar to the abdominoplasty, i.e. same site, but shorter.
Vulva-pubic rejuvenation with FOTONA’s combined Erbium and Nd: YAG laser
Treatments are performed using the synergy of two types of high precision lasers: Erbium (Er: YAG 2940) and Nd: YAG 1064.
FOTONA’s SP Dynamis device allows us to combine these two wavelengths and use new and particular technical parameters that offer improved results in firmness, texture, and pigmentation with little or no recovery while ensuring a high level of safety.
Frequently asked questions
How does it work?
Depending on the procedure, a local anesthetic is administered. Except for the laser, which requires 1 to 4 sessions, only one procedure is performed. Scars are variable: tiny for liposuction (3-4 mm), 2 to 3 cm for labioplasty and 10 to 15 cm for the pubic lift.
Pre- and post-procedure education and instruction will guide you through the process and minimize the occurrence of complications. A regular follow-up is assured by Dr. Bernier and required from you.
Are there any complications?
Any surgical procedure might involve infections, abnormal healing, sensory changes, and pain locally or during sexual relations. However, they are still rare.
Is there a long recovery time?
- For liposuction, it is often limited to 4 days,
- For laser: none for firming and 5 to 7 days for toning,
- For labioplasty: 7 days,
- For the pubic lift: 1 to 2 weeks.